Thursday, September 8, 2016

CSIT 155: Week1A - My Template

And so it begins.

Although there were many to choose from, I have selected the "Travel" template for my beginning blog, simply because it reminded me of something out of a horror movie, which is just my taste. I'm sure I could have selected something more earthy or appropriate for a Social Media course, but with my current limited time, struggling to meet deadlines while navigating new waters, I made this choice and will stick with it for now.

I imagine as time goes on I will select something I am more interested in, or something more personalized to myself, and I may even do so by the end of the evening (if my children want to cooperate  with mommy's school-time), and if not, I'm sure I can come up with something within the next 15 weeks of this course that could better reflect who I am and my purpose here.

I'm looking forward to giving this class my all and hope to absorb as much information as possible to better interact with the social media platform with the greatest level of success.  I hope everyone is as excited as I am!

Cheers!

JennL.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jennette. I really like your template and can totally relate to the "horror" feel. I am a huge fan of the Walking Dead, and I like the creepy aspect of it. I chose the same template (honestly I didn't see yours first). Good luck in the class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Sherri!
      Thanks for your comment. There's certainly no shame in sharing the same template - it just goes to show we BOTH have excellent taste! Thanks for the well wishes, good luck to you, too!
      -Jennette

      Delete
  2. Hi Jennette. I really enjoy your blogpost about this templat. I agree with the creepy horror movie feel of this template. I kinda wonder what they were thinking when they named this "Travel". Good luck in the class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Kylee!
      Thank you for your comment! You know, I had the same thought when I was searching through the potential designs. I'm sure there was a reason behind the title "Travel", like something ethereal, perhaps - but all I actually got out of it was a reminder from the PlayStation horror game "PT" created as a teaser, by the same folks that created "Silent Hill", which is why I went with it. HA!
      Good luck to you, too!
      -Jennette

      Delete
  3. Hello Jennette, when you first mentioned "travel" template I wouldn't think it would look like this, but this template is vert interesting and def gives a horror movie type of feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Antonio!
      Thank you for your comment!
      I'm sure there were countless names for this template that could have fit better than "Travel", but I don't pretend to know what goes on in an artist's mind. Ha! I did have the same thought as you, actually, and wondered why this was the selection - but its appearance still fit my "dark and twisty side", so I went with it, despite the strange name.
      Best wishes!
      -Jennette

      Delete
  4. Hi, Jennette,
    I feel this blog shall share more
    mystery stories. Are you going to do so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Lucy!
      Thank you for your comment!
      You know, I think a mystery is an excellent fit for this template. I will certainly consider it. Thank you for your suggestion!
      Best wishes!
      -Jennette

      Delete