Monday, September 19, 2016

CSIT 155: Week2B - Business Communication



There are a number of businesses I’m proud of, and frequent regularly on the internet, however, my whole reason for taking this course is to benefit my father’s budding business, in which I am the digital media manager, in all of its entirety. 

   My father’s business:
1.       Sharon’s Cozy Pets
2.     www.sharonscozypets.com        
3.      They use facebook (actively), Google +, YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest
4.       I know for certain the only activity is currently on facebook, roughly every three days.
5.      

Twitter: www.twitter.com/sharonscozypets   


6. I realize there are not enough outlets of social media involved in this particular business, and I also know there are many ways to attract attention to my father’s business, I just fear I don’t know where to begin. I realize the world is constantly on the hunt for something funny, something cute, something clever. Animals are a sure-fire outlet to reach large audiences, and humor can extend that reach more, however I have not attracted the attention I’m looking to on each site, and I realize it is a full-time job to maintain a site as well as several media outlets, and there can be no delay or breaks between posts and activity. I am certain that my active engagement in this businesses’ social media on a constant basis will certainly gather a bit more attention than it currently receives. 

There are many companies that use social media to keep a finger on the pulse of all things interesting on the internet, and they are very successful with this practice. Despite whether or not a company chooses to make a blatant, shameless promotion, or simply comment on a post that has struck the world as interesting, companies that successfully have manipulated and benefited from social media were attentive and constant. I always wondered if there were many people that take shifts to complete such a task, or if there were only one IT person, a social media expert, that did it all in that department. 

I notice success in many sites, as well as political campaigns, and realized the more it is in someone’s mind or in someone’s face the more it will be recalled by audiences when the time comes. You may see a hundred commercials for a slap chop, and never give it a second thought, but when you’re making that dip for the party, you wish to yourself you had one. It’s as simple and as complex as that: ensure everyone knows who you are, what you have to offer, and that you genuinely care about them as people and ultimately individuals.

Here are some websites:

FAIL Blog – a branch off of a wonderful site called “I can haz cheeseburger.” A place of pure entertainment by way of adorable, cute, terrible and wonderful images of cats.






DeviantArt – a place where people can share all forms of art, generally leaning towards something darker than what is normally expected, but can be of all forms, contributed from people all over the world, of all walks of life.









No comments:

Post a Comment