Thursday, November 10, 2016

CSIT 155: Week10A - Email Marketing



Hi again Friends and Fellow Bloggers,

Again, a quick reminder of my STUFF:

www.pinterest.com/SharonsCozyPets 

Newsletters are an interesting topic, like blogs, for me, simply because they require a specific level of content to even exist. Although I find it a bit difficult to develop and maintain content on a business that has a single product, but, as I have mentioned in previous blog entries - I have found there is an entire community that eats, lives, breathes and focuses entirely on animal related issues and circumstances. There is a wealth of information in that field, and if I tap into it, I can have an endless amount of content to address on any social media platform – but the real question is: do I want to? I know that’s a bizarre question to ask in such a class, but if you consider the amount of work it would take to maintain all platforms with current information on the many topics of animals in society and the world it certainly appears to be a wildly overwhelming responsibility. 
I imagine, in the case of my business, one newsletter, when the season opens, would be plenty to address the sales / marketing needs of the business – but I’m sure I could do more than that if I really wanted to annoy my customers.


I believe the content of my newsletters would first address the importance of the pet warmer and how useful it would be in multiple circumstances. The following additions of the newsletter would only briefly revisit that information, but then discuss important animal related news of the world. I’m not exactly sure what that would include without doing my research, but I imagine it would be hot topics and pushed buttons in the department of animal cruelty, protests, testing on animals – and on a lighter note, stories of great rescues, service pets, and the cute baby and animal kissing. Whatever floats the boats of the intended audience, right? (Also, c'mon - who doesn't love that cute garbage?)


 I am personally on many mailing lists, for the different interests and hobbies of my life, but to be honest I read very few of them. I mostly receive these letters in my email, look at their title for a few days in my inbox and either delete or snug them away in a designated folder for other similar, unread and forgotten messages.

To be honest, I am not sure there are any competitors that would contribute newsletters to the field of my family business, but I am not at liberty to say until I have done my research. I’m sure, with a little effort, I could find a wealth of information about who started a particular company with a similar product, and search the internet for more information about that person. Perhaps, like our online persona, Kelso Stockwood, I will find all the things he “likes”, “follows”, “shares” and associates himself with simply by locating a name.

I’ll get back to you all about how that goes.

Otherwise, I’m off to exploring the world of Email Marketing. Wish me luck!

Cheers!

JennL

No comments:

Post a Comment