Monday, November 7, 2016

CSIT 155: Week9C - Blogging For Business



Hi again Friends and Fellow Bloggers,

Again, a quick reminder of my STUFF:

www.pinterest.com/SharonsCozyPets 

Now, just to be clear, I have yet to create a blog for my business because I am not so sure what I would say. I have brought it to the attention of my father (business owner) and husband (partner in crime) who both agree there would be plenty of content once I got started. I feel like the initial posts would be wobbly, and boring, and practically pointless, but a learning experience nonetheless. To be honest, after all my research, I have discovered nearly every successful business/company/blog/channel/platform has all said at some point: “wow, you should have seen my first posts… total crap”, which truly gives me faith I’m on the right track. Ha!


Okay, so as my business product specifically addresses pet-owners, and my demographics have indicated the primary potential customer audience is women between the ages of 25-40, I’m looking at addressing that audience with a finesse I would use in the real world, simply because I know those ladies can talk! Ha! The bizarre thing about this is: I play the role of Kelso Stockwood, my father’s online persona that puts a face to the business, and this person (my father) is a 65-year-old, vegan, animal rights activist, that eats, breathes, and lives animal welfare tactics. He “friends” all the animal rights groups, rescue shelters, vets, animal lovers and protesters alike – and although I love animals, I don’t quite love, LOVE animals like he (and his persona) does. Also, I have little idea of what it’s like to be a 65-year-old man, so I keep it light.


My organization is now developing into something that requires schedules and supplementary programs (like Hootsuite, Bit.ly, and so on) I’m getting the hang of how this all works, despite having an ocean of information still to learn. I realized how important it is to schedule tasks and posts to specific times of the day, not only to address specific audience volumes, but to keep everything evenly distributed as the day progresses. 

I keep my eyes, ears and mind open to new techniques, and although I’m still a baby in social media and online marketing department, I have faith I’ll do well because I enjoy it so much.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Cheers!

JennL.

No comments:

Post a Comment