Friday, October 14, 2016

CSIT 155: Week6A - Intro to Facebook Strategy



Hi again Friends, Peers and Fellow Bloggers,

I managed to create a full-throttle second page, and subsequently associated it with my primary business page. It wasn’t something I initially planned to do, and to be quite honest, it seems like a ton of extra work (with the business, not school), but I may keep it. Again, my family business is “Sharon’s Cozy Pet Warmer”, an individual pet warmer to ensure the safety of outdoor pets during the winter months. 
Here’s the link to our facebook page:


And here’s the link to my new page:


I don’t know why, but I am unable to get the name more personalized (minus the digits after the title) without verifying my phone number – which is not working for some reason. I’ll have to challenge that situation again later.

Since my primary business page is “Sharon’s Cozy Pets”, a place to get information about and purchase my father’s product (as well as enjoy cute animal memes), the new associated page (designed for this course) is Animal Related News, where I have been researching news, events, petitions and the like, all referencing current events with animals. It’s bizarre, actually, because although I love animals and have signed the occasional petition to clean the ocean or never breed in captivity, I have read and learned more, now, about the events in the animal world than I ever had before. I feel, despite being a casual animal supporter, I now play the role of a die-hard animal rights activist online – which is what my father is, and can only express through me. 

Whelp, with all that said, I “Liked” practically everyone in the courses’ facebook page with my personal page, my business profile, and my business page. I have not added any new friends on my personal profile, and have no intentions of doing so (no offense – it’s just… well, personal) – the reason I did this is: I noticed too many peers didn’t have enough likes to utilize analytics, and wanted to help as much as I could. Although I do see many well-established, professional-looking and attentive pages, I wouldn’t say that any I have truly noticed have a product (or service) like mine.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Cheers!

JennL.

No comments:

Post a Comment