Thursday, October 27, 2016

CSIT 155: Week8A - Twitter



Hello again friends and fellow Bloggers,

This week was an eye-opener for me, absolutely. I had a personal twitter account and a business twitter account, for many years, yet I never truly used either. I’ve learned there are two kinds of people in the world – people who use twitter, and people that get left out. Due to this portion of the course, I wanted to learn as much as I could about twitter, and purchased “The Tao of Twitter” by Mark W. Schaefer, and was enthralled from page one. A simple read, but literally the basis of how this crazy collection of 140 characters functions. I have learned a lot, more than I ever thought without just “diving in”, and know I will continue to learn as I get more familiar with this service I’ve subscribed to for years.

My business account is:

And although it may have a birthday of 2010, it is being born as we speak, and I’ve put a ton of work into in the last few days. After consolidating my scattered business contacts, I have developed a method of reaching all of my social media places of interest with much less effort than before, and I understand, with practice, it will get easier.

The profile picture on my account is that of the original marketing collection, and although my facebook profile changes frequently (we rotate out pet models with the pet warmer), I’m sure people who are familiar with us will recognize the product.  

Almost immediately upon exploring twitter I managed to get myself banned, as this account has been nearly 100% idle in the last 6 years and then suddenly SUPER active. I could verify a few bits of information to unblock my account and continue. Of course, the following day I was banned again for a different reason: following too many friends in a single day – which I thought was impossible. To attempt to get the analytics functioning I need about 200 followers, and right now I’m at about 170, which is fine, but still doesn’t beat the 800 I am following.  I completely understand these numbers will be grossly disproportionate at first, and I can choose to adjust later if I receive more followers organically, through my entertaining content, or paid advertising, if necessary.  What I did read, however, is the follows on twitter are generally reciprocated, therefore all the follows I have organically received, I have also returned. 

Otherwise, I have added tweets, contributed to Hashtag Roundups and games, and “loved” many items in my field of interest – animals. So far, it seems to be going fine. I’ll let you know as things progress, but I haven’t burned down any bridges yet; don't worry, though, there's still time. 

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Cheers!

JennL.

No comments:

Post a Comment