Monday, October 31, 2016

CSIT 155: Week8B - Twitter



Hello again friends and fellow bloggers,

A quick reminder of my STUFF:

I have found an enormous variety of Twitter users that’s could benefit from my business, and I theirs. I found some potential customer leads, as discovering pet-lovers anywhere is not terribly difficult to do, as well as finding help in places like Google AdWords, Bogging, Online Marketing and so on, from people who are considered experts. Despite being new to this particular social media platform, I have managed to increase my follow numbers pretty steadily, and do my best to get recognized through the most common hashtags of the moment. Only time and dedication will tell where this is going and regardless of how the baby-steps are, learning about what works best is most important.

I have sent multiple tweets, and as I read in “The Tao of Twitter” the number 3 is generally the magic number, however, it should be three a DAY, rather than per week. If you really want to get noticed, there are also “general unspoken rules” about what type of content to tweet, and when.


 When I performed my search, I simply put “pet” which found me a quarter of my follow contacts, and then I put “animal” which found me another quarter. I then subsequently used the follows these contacts had to complete my current list of follows. I’ll likely keep performing this action as long as Twitter will allow me – and once established, will likely drop all the things I have no relationship to.


I have created four lists, and started organizing my follows accordingly, although I’m sure there are plenty of other forms of organization I can do with these individuals/businesses, I made a general collection for a few genres – I can always go back later and get more detailed with it.

The lists I created were: 

Business Contacts & Tools
Rescue Shelters
Pet Supplies & Products
Fellow Animal Lovers

I decided on these four general collections (although I could have made a fifth of some sort of motley crew randomicity, for follows I have reciprocated) because it was the best way to categorize the types of people in my twitter life. It makes this easier because I can now visit the list I have organized and get only the topics I am looking for. Great concept.  

Although I am not sure what time potential customers see my tweets, as there seems to be an even flow of tweets throughout the day, I think the most popular hours in general are “business hours” like 8-6, but Eastern Time.  As I am not completely sure of this, I will utilize some recommended tools, such as Hootsuite, and others to monitor the analytics of my twitter audiences to effectively adjust and respond to them.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Cheers!

JennL.

No comments:

Post a Comment